11 years ago
Monday, September 17, 2007
Emmys
Today I spent the whole morning watching the Preshow and the Emmy's. I love awards shows I've decided, but I hate Ryan Seacrest. I thought the opening number was hysterical, but I don't like when they "pretend" like these cartoon characters are on the stage. it just looks forced. Put them on the screen, it's just easier. And next year ditch the theater in-the-round. It was disorienting and confusing. And they always focused on one side, ti's not like the actually rotated the center of focus. As for the winners, I have to say I was disappointed by almost all of them. I'm so so happy America Ferera (sp) won, but James Spader? The Sopranos? yuck. I was glad ricky gervais won, seeing as I hate Steve Carrell. And who knew there were so many damned "miniseries/special" categories. NO ONE CARES. Also, please refrain from the sleazy comments about hayden panettiere turning 18. We got it the first 3 times, now drop it. Especially having neil patrick harris make the joke. Or maybe that's the only way they can make it slightly less sleazy. (speaking of, no one asked him about his boyfriend being at the awards, yet every other guy was up there with their wives) And was it ok to return to the audience after your award? Cause really it made Tony Bennett look senile. Oh, and the censoring. What the fuck was that about? I thought the director had fucked up, and it wasn't until later when Sally Field said "God-damned" that i realized what was going on. So yeah, i'm disappointed. But I'm hoping Ellen's coverage and some of the post-party coverage is more interesting. I'll let you know what i dig up.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/12/05/AR2007120502751.html?hpid=artslot
Post a Comment