Thursday, September 25, 2008

Monday Night Premieres

Last night after practice I watched Heroes, HIMYM, and Big Bang Theory. I can't believe fall tv is starting up when I am still so very, very far behind on summer TV (I have not watched a bit of Mad Men season 2 and it distresses me to no end). Anywhoo, rather than catch up on Gossip Girl, Greek, Stargate, Sarah Connor, or any of the other several hours of TV I have on my computer, I decided to watch the new stuff. And spoiler-alerts even though as far as I'm concerned if something has already aired they aren't necessary.

Heroes: Not a bad opening, although I could live a lifetime without Claire's shit. I mean, I'm sure it would be very traumatizing if someone performed brain surgery on me while i was conscious. But all in all she just overdid it a bit. And Peter's emo-ness was over the top as well. Hiro's trip to the future I'm pretty sure was a huge misunderstanding about Ando, and it's Hiro that is being bad and/or stupid. But I still like him. Ando's little "YOU LET HER CUT ME?!?" outburst was fucking strange. Sylar was awesome with all of his powers. Momma Petrelli was awesome as well, although "Sylar, I am your mother" comment I could do without. Same with Surresh going all Spiderman. Why did Nikki's power change? I'm intrigued to watch the rest of the season, despite all these other previously listed misgivings. And PS- DON'T FUCK WITH TIME. Nothing good comes of that.

HIMYM: Not really their best ever episode, but enjoyable. I like Stella a lot as Ted's girlfriend. Barney loving Robin is cute, but I'm not going to handle him fawning over her for the rest of the season. I almost hope it's something NPH is subtle enough to pull off without slamming us with. i.e. he drops the awkward laughter and every once in awhile we just catch a look or something from him. Marshall was a non-entity in this episode really, and I'm ok with that. It just left me feeling neutral, but that's better than feeling bad.

Big Bang Theory: The whole Penny-whatshisface dating thing isn't for me. It was cute how she was insecure, but I'd really prefer they didn't date forever, so much as realize it wasn't going to work and move on to other things. that's the only way these things can be resolved and not fuck over the series. Sheldon was funny, but I kind of felt nothing new came from this episode. They were sort of spinning the same wheels from last season. And I enjoyed last season, I'm just not sure how long I'll continue to enjoy the same notes.

In other news, Samurai Girl = Suckness. Above and beyond the fact that they completely mashed up all of their asian cultures, the acting was crap and the storyline was random as hell. I got through about half an hour and was so offended I just had to turn that shit off. Michelle was very right that one should avoid shows with Real World cast-offs.

2 comments:

test said...

omg i totally agree re heroes, but i loved 'sylar, i'm your momma'.. what i didnt love, and i'm surprised you didnt mention, was Maya's whorishness (and to some extent forgetfulness re Alejandro? but i may have forgotten something about season 2)

Mattie B said...

I just blocked out Maya from the episode. I never enjoyed her character last season. And she was too busy boning sexified-Mohinder to have any feelings at all. Cause who doesn't want to sleep with a roid-raging mildly-attractive Indian man.