Thursday, September 25, 2008

You're amazing you're amazing you're amazing you're overthinking.

Last night I actually watched live TV for the first time in months (not counting the emmys), and on the menu were America's Next Top Model and Project Runway. Sadly, I missed Bush's speech. I'm sure it was filled with lots of rousing messages about how the economy isn't falling apart around us. He's good at that.

Anyway, Model time. I really, really, really like this season. It's been so long since I've liked so many girls, and not hated any of them. Clark is a little bitchy, but nowhere NEAR as offensive as girls in shows past. I'm pulling for Mckey (although not nearly as much as Brian, with his "I LOVE MCKEY" comments every 5 minutes), Marjorie, Sheena, and I was pulling for Isis until she let her penis get in the way. But I will get to that later. For the runway show, that shit was crazy. That fashion was horrible, horrible. Most of them did really well, but Samantha's walk was almost a joke how bad it was. I thought it was a little anti-climatic to send Hannah home, but at the same time I didn't care because I never really liked her all that much anyway. And she wasn't doing a very good job. So bye bye hannah. Now the photo-shoot was really cool, with the water and the eyes. Sheena's was great, and so was the one with the arms (lauren brie? i dont' know. bitch was blonde). Marjorie was pretty good too. And I didn't hate Clark's. There wasn't a bad picture in the bunch, there were just less-good pictures. I did want Isis to go further than she did, but her eyes were not good. She let her penis get into her head. I'm sure I would too, but by the same token I feel like it's easier to photoshop out a strange bump (how big can it be after all of those hormones, anyway?) than to photoshop in a good body or good eyes. Especially in this show when you couldn't even see under the water. Like, did someone not explain it to her? But we knew she wasn't going to make it to the end, so c'est la vie. After her snip snip, she'll be amazing I think. Maybe they'll invite her back?

And to reference the title of this post: Elina. They do this every. fucking. season. They love a girl up one wall and down the other telling us how amazing and fantastic and banoodles the bitch is, and then in the span of a week "You're overthinking. you're not giving us anything new". I swear the secret to this show is to phone it in for the first 4 weeks so then when you do a good job later they're all excited. Cause if you come out of the gate doing the best by far, you basically screw yourself over. I should so be a Top Model coach. I know shit about fashion, but I know how to win this competition. Claim to be abused, do mediocre through the first half, dress properly at panel, and don't walk like a fat hunchbacked linebacker *cough* Samantha *cough*.

For runway, let me just say how the hell did we get to 5 designers? The episode started and I was watching them going "ehh? wtf? when did this happen?" And this season BLOWS for the models. I think calling this a competition for the models is ridiculous anyway, but after a double elimination, then the college girls-as-models, and now this week with the designers-as-models, they're not even in the second half of the show. Sucks to be them. Now let me say, I love the "design for the designers" challenges. it's interesting to see what they do for each other, and I think the menswear challenges are good too. The music twist I was not feeling, however. That made it bitchy. Although Kenley's interpretation of "Hip Hop" was just not there. Kenley's ass should have gone home. I know that she was probably a victim of editing (and in hindsight I think Daniel was too. They picked every shot where he looked dour), but you can't edit in an argument if there wasn't one, you can just make it look bitchier. And her outfit was RIDICULOUS. And she blamed it on Leanne several times. LEANNE IS NOT YOUR PROBLEM. Matt wasn't sorry to see suede go home, because Matt has never liked Suede. Or his third-person self-references. I hope we get someone next season that uses the royal we all the time. Next week's episode looks like a hot-mess, though. SO MANY TEARS. I use capital letters a lot. But only when I yell at the tv.

In other news i have no freaking free-time ever. I have to somehow find time to buy Yukiko and Ryoko a costume for halloween and mail it to them by the 18th. No idea when that's going to get done without me paying like $100 for shipping, so that's one more charge to look forward too. And I haven't played nearly enough FFXI. Im actually slightly relieved that my laptop won't play Warhammer Online because it gives me an excuse to not play it right away. I will play it later, no worries, it's just right now I'm far, far too busy. I have a secret hope that I can convince Jared and Brian to play FFXI so that I can pay for the gold world pass and get the cute hat and other assorted bonuses. Anywhoo I'm at work and not working, so I'll get back on that.

No comments: