Tuesday, September 30, 2008

So not working

I watched lots of TV, but this blog should be more about just what I watched. I've enjoyed all the premieres I've seen so far, though. Brothers and Sisters is getting a little tedious, but not horrible yet. I like Scotty and Kevin at least.

Perhaps the biggest news of the week is Brian leaving. He left America again last night for Oxford, and arrived at like 4:30 AM our time. I'm such a big mix of feelings. Of course I miss him, and the long distance thing is tiring. Worth it because I love him, but tiring (It would be funny if someone from work read this as I'm not out there). At the same time though, it feels different than Japan cause England is only a 6 hour plane ride and a 5 hour time difference from us, so it's not so far. And I'm so busy and so tired lately that it hasn't really sunk in that he's gone for a bit. He'll be back around Christmas, which is good. And I think Oxford is good for him. The academics and the diversity and the pub crawls will be great fun. On some levels I'm actually jealous that I don't get to do any of that stuff, but then I think of all the stress required to move to another country and I get a little overwhelmed. I just need things to stop for a bit, I reckon.

In other news, I posted an ad on Craigslist looking for friends. It makes me kind of embarrassed for myself, but I'll wait to see how it turns out. I need a bigger social circle so that I don't keep bothering Michelle or Dan. After this play, I should get involved in something with more people my age I reckon.

Being 25 is very surreal for me. It's not that I mind getting old, because I accept that it's a part of life. More that I watch all these people around me who seem to have some sort of direction. Everyone's in Graduate school or they've been working at jobs they at least appear to enjoy, and I'm neither of those. I think this bout of melancholy is probably due in large part to the four hours of sleep I got last night. I love this play and I love Brian, but the combination was killing me. I'm so looking forward to doing nothing this weekend but locking myself in my room and playing ffxi while catching up on TV. Of course after that I'll feel guilty. Thanks Dad!

Ok. I should go back to faking it at work.

1 comment:

test said...

*hugs*
i feel the same way sometimes