Tuesday, October 7, 2008

For those of you playing the drinking game...

MAVERICK!

This post really has nothing to do with politics, I just watched the SNL VP debate sketch this morning, and that one line cracked me up hard-core. I determined this morning I have a really hard time telling Palin and Tina Fey apart. But this election just seems to be ridiculous now. Not that it wasn't before now, but I'm just sort of done caring. I know who I'm voting for, and short of a kiddie porn scandal in the next two weeks I'm not going to change my mind. I just wish my bigoted mother would stop trying to convince me that McCain-Palin is the way to go. Maybe if she had ever done something with her life she would realize how ridiculous it is.

Meanwhile the economy is falling apart around us. And we're bringing the rest of the world with us! Ha! Take that, suckers! Don't support us in our unwarranted invasion of another country, we'll suicide bomb your economy. Seriously though, I hope everyone is studying their Chinese, Russian, and Arabic, because with increasing frequency I think that they're going to take over the world. I hope our historic tendencies continue and we elect the right person at the right time to get us out of this disaster. I haven't given up all hope yet, but I am beginning to seriously consider moving back to Japan to avoid America imploding. Or England, but shit isn't much cheaper there.

I have actually been wanting to move to England lately. Brian seems to be having so many new experiences there with so many interesting people, and I'm just not. I'm sure it's a 'grass-is-always-greener' situation, but nevertheless, I wish I could travel a bit more. I need to make a decision about where my life is headed. I've decided I want to focus more on international business than engineering, i think. Fucking Bruce Long ruined engineering for me. I remember when I used to look forward to Micro-controllers. Now I just think "oh god, i'll be stuck in a lab all day". But I want a PhD so i can go back to teaching. Who knows what I'll actually wind up doing. Maybe someone will discover my amazing acting abilities and pay me money to do that. That would be sweet.

This weekend I didn't do a damned thing, and it makes me so happy. I just sat and played Final Fantasy XI and caught up on TV. Well, sort of caught up, but I'm now up-to-date on Terminator! And House, and Grey's, and other stuff. Not Gossip Girl or Mad Men though. Saturday I got a haircut, manicure, and pedicure. It was one of the gayest things I've done in a long time. But it was a men's salon! With beer and action movies. So it kind of balances out. Except I don't think I like manicures because my hands are now kind of sensitive. I also worked out, and my abs are still sore, but it's a good kind of sore. Hopefully I can get back into the swing of working out regularly and lose some of the weight I feel like I've been gaining.

Tonight is Heroes and Chuck and How I Met your Mother and Big Bang Theory and Gossip Girl and Sarah Connor Chronicles. Fucking Mondays. It's only a matter of time until the ratings for one of those shows really dies (I know it's already Terminator, but still), and then I will be sad. I'm off to fake-work for a bit longer.

This weekend I did not do a damned thing

1 comment:

test said...

"Maybe if she had ever done something with her life she would realize how ridiculous it is." now then, she's your mother. *slaps your wrists*
also, terminator is awesome! and heroes, but are you watching 'true blood' cause you need to be!
AND がんばってください!明日はいくよ!