Tuesday, October 21, 2008

I need to move out

This weekend I was in charge of watching my mom, cause my dad took a (deserved) weekend to go play golf. I love the woman, but watching her is so stressful, cause I never get a chance to really just sit and unwind because she always needs something, or she has her TV turned up way too high so it's just noisy. And it's sad because we used to be really close but now we're just not. That's partly due to her being stupid about her disease, and party due to her being bigoted in her opinion about gays.

I've also discovered I now look down on anyone that hasn't gone abroad for an extended period of time, or at the very least gone abroad in something other than a foreigner-centric package trip, but then start preaching about foreign policy. I don't mean to look down on them, it just happens. I find my patience wears thin with people a lot faster lately than it used to. At 25 I've already discovered life's too short to put up with crap I don't agree with. It's not that I really think I'm a great person (nor do I think I'm a bad person, just average) but I look around in America and I'm dumbfounded by how people act. Whether its my boss (who is a really nice guy otherwise) talking about sex NON-STOP, or my mother telling me Palin isn't a cluster-fuck of a candidate. I never thought my values were that strange until recently.

Anyway rant over, cause my heart isn't really in it. I do have a rant about the sucky Apple phone service, but no one needs to hear that. Other than that in my life is not much. The play opens on Friday, with my first show on Saturday night. The great part is how we have exactly ONE practice before the show. I have yet to have a fuck-up free practice, so that's great. We also have sold literaly zero tickets for our thursday night show. How awkward will that be? This TV season is killing me as well, cause there's just too much shit on. I don't have enough extra hours in my week to watch everything, and rather than trying to stay current on the new shows, I only watch shit that was on last season. I will watch new shows after we've trimmed the fat a little bit.

I'm going to go back to being on hold with Apple for an hour.

No comments: