I'm really not overly political. I tend to think all politicians are full of crap and everything is being controlled by a bunch of scary old white men in a dark room with strange spotlights. If you've seen Evangelion, kind of like those folks. But this election cycle I watch the news and I listen to the people around me and it baffles me how people are not getting political. The country is frigging falling apart around us. The world thinks we're all idiots (and while by and large I can't disagree with the world, I would like as a whole for America to become less stupid). And don't even get me started on the sad state of gay rights. How can Californians even consider Proposition 8? It's such a hateful piece of legislation. And yet these fucking Mormons and other Christian groups are spending hundreds of millions to fight it. But I do not need to start ripping apart the illogical arguments of religious groups, because I can never win.
Anyway, the whole reason I'm writing is because of this article by David Sedaris, which more or less summed up my views on the situation. If I dwell on the topic for too long I'll just get very angry and ruin my day.
11 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment