Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Heroes addendum

I did want to add two things to my previous post.

First, I actually love the actress that played Hiro's mommy. She was on Babylon 5 back in the day (50 coolness points to anyone who can name her character without cheating), and she was in something else that I cannot place at the moment but I enjoyed nonetheless. She was not given much to do other than sit there and look sick and kiss things, but I do enjoy her. Her name is Tamlyn Tomita. Big fan.

Second, if Hiro got lost in the past, where has he been the last 16 years? I actually think it could be cool if they meet an old Hiro who has maneuvered himself into a position of control over everything. Or at least influence. Although he probably got even fatter and owns a comic shop on the lower east side. (Is that a good or bad part of New York? I don't even know) Or it would have been cool if someone had had the thought process that "Hey, if Hiro hasn't shown up yet, maybe he got rescued!" And "Lost in Time" implies he is LOST in time, rather than just stuck in a known time period that isn't now. When I first saw that page I was expecting that Hiro was on the run, so he is constantly jumping from random time to random time. Or maybe even his power malfunctioned. But being stuck and being lost are not at all the same.

I just read an interview with Brian Fuller (creator of Wonderfalls and Pushing Daisies, both excellent series if you haven't caught them. Used to be a writer on Heroes) and he was pointing out everything that's gone wrong with Heroes lately, and how he hopes to fix it. I do worship at the altar of Fuller, so I may have to retract my earlier statement and give him a chance to rescue the show. But seriously this show is like the patient that's been on life support so long you just know they'll come back and not be able to speak properly, making you wish you had taken them off of life support back when so you wouldn't have to suffer now.

No comments: