Warning now, this is going to be a whole wall-o-text post. First personal updates: Thanksgiving was last weekend. I cooked almost the whole thing myself, and everyone seemed to enjoy it. I've reached this unfortunate point in my life however where I no longer believe compliments from the people closest to me, because I feel like they have to say it. So whenever my parents say "good job" I instantly think "Uh huh, sure." The rest of the weekend was spent decorating for Christmas (pics to come eventually), with a short detour to help Dan move. Overall it was nice to have four days off, but the realization that this will be the first Christmas that I don't have a week off was fairly crushing. This week is just normal work, although I leave for England on Friday. I'm very excited and very nervous all at the same time. It's complicated, but I think it will be a really good time. And it will be nice to see Brian again.
Now, for TV. First we'll do Housewives. I really enjoy this show, especially Bree and Gaby. The whole Lynette storyline was stupid, and Susan I've just taken to ignoring. I think I like Mike and Kathrine together much more than Mike and Susan, mainly because I hate Susan. And then minor spoiler alert, although I reckon you could see it coming, Andrew finally has a serious boyfriend who he's not using to get back at his mom. How refreshing. Although it looks like next week they're bringing back the gays so we can have some lame "Was he in porn?" storyline. Bree will probably be funny, but I hate Chip and Dale or whatever the fuck their names are. Still think this show has recovered from the horrible mess that was the second season.
Brothers and Sisters was kind of blah overall. We all know how I feel about Kitty storylines, and Tommy is apparently back in town (Where the hell did he go? he has no power in the company. You know Holly just sent him away because she didn't like looking at his fat face.). Although the whole episode was saved by the hottest scene in prime time tv: Scotty saying how he knows all about carpentry stuff, and then WINKING. God, that was amazingly hot. It's really the only thing I remember from the episode, but it's a hell of a memory.
Oh Heroes. How sad is it that Heroes no longer motivates me enough to give it its own post? This week's episode didnt' so much make me angry as bored. And again, big time spoiler alerts here. Why did the eclipse last like three days, and then go away in five minutes? Also, the eclipse ending basically undid EVERYTHING that had been done in the last three episodes. Why did Sylar kill Elle exactly? Just for fun? To show he's *EVIL*? I did like Hiro popping in with his "BAD MAN" but then he dumped Sylar and Elle on a beach? I can think of many, many other places, namely a volcano. the whole Peter and Nathan storyline just didn't seem at ALL worthwhile, and we already know how I feel about Suresh. It's really a sign of the times that next week I'm not going to be around, and I'm just not bothered by it. Once upon a time I planned my week around this show and now I can't wait until the mid-season break so I can stop watching yet still have a convenient pick-up point if I ever decide to return to the show. Hopefully it gets canceled this season. Best line ever, however: "Now we know where Daphne gets her hairstyle: Ray" - Yay Justin.
Today I can't fake work because I actually have to do it. Blech. Off to load and make deliveries.
11 years ago
1 comment:
dammit i read this and 'ruined' the surprise. i kind of don't want to watch it now and i'm all angry already. fuck those writers. fuck them to dirty pieces.
Post a Comment