Wednesday, February 4, 2009

The guy that got sucked out of the plane was the lucky one

It's official. I'm done with Heroes. Last night's episode was just ridiculous, and I can't even motivate myself to write a full rant out. Claire and Peter both completely suck on the show. There was no drama with the main characters getting kidnapped. Peter's power doesn't make sense. We just glazed over how Sylar is alive again. They didn't even pretend like it was a secret, he's just walking about on his non-sensical daddy quest. Hiro could have been cool as Oracle, and then wasn't. And the plane crash was so ridiculous I don't even want to talk about it.

Now if I was a show-runner on this show, I would bring in some fresh blood that didn't suck and demote Peter and Claire to the back-row. Send Claire off to train so that she's not so completely fucking useless all the time, and just kill Peter. Give Hiro a geek job like being Oracle, cause that's cool. Get rid of Daphne and Parkman. Sylar is a good baddie, but he needs a better purpose than "are you my daddy?" I liked when he was collecting powers. Also, we need to NEVER use the future-drawing power again. Ever. I'm so done with that shit. The genosha idea could be cool, if they set it up properly, but we need to remove such heavy-handed imagery like "I'm Iranian, I know what they're doing". Ugh.

But the fact of the matter is I'll never know if they fix these things because I'm officially done with the show. I couldn't even bring myself to be interested by the preview next week. I'm finished. And it makes me angry that this show could have so much potential and it just didn't live up to it. And it makes me angry that from now on every superpower show they want to make will be compared to this garbage.

In other news Kyle XY got cancelled. Which would have made me sad about three weeks ago, but now I'm very "meh" about the whole thing. And part of me is relieved that I will have less shit to watch every week.

Good thing I didn't waste my 100th post on this crap.

No comments: