So I love the Oscars a lot, cause it's a huge deal. Above and beyond fashion, I enjoy seeing all the stars. So below are my picks for the big categories:
Best Picture: Slumdog Millionaire
This is the first year I've actually seen all 5 of the nominees before the show starts. I think Milk and the Reader were really good, but Slumdog was a more enjoyable watching experience. Frost/Nixon was very interesting but not as good as Milk. I would be content if Milk won, but if Benjamin Button wins I will freak the hell out. That movie was pretentious Shite.
Best Actor, Leading: Sean Penn
I thought Frank Langella did a good job as Nixon, but Sean Penn was absolutely fantastic as Harvey Milk. Lots of people think Mickey Rourke is going to win, but I can't stand Mickey Rourke, and I don't think he deserves credit for a comeback because I keep telling myself it's not happening.
Best Actor, Supporting: Heath Ledger
Note that I don't think Ledger should win, but I think he will win. Not that I didn't very much enjoy his performance, but I'm kind of done with all the "oh noes he died" shit. I didn't enjoy Brokeback Mountain enough, I guess. Robert Downey, Jr. definitely shouldn't win (and I have no clue why he was even nominated. Was it seriously the black face?). I haven't seen Revolutionary Road, so I can't really judge that. Josh Brolin was good, but not amazing. Same with Hoffman. I guess by default I'd vote for Ledger. Nevermind then.
Best Actress, Leading: Kate Winslet
Winslet made the Reader fantastic, and frankly she is at her peak right now. If she can't get the Oscar now, when can she get it? Meryl Streep was excellent in Doubt, but I'd like to see it go to someone new. Not that I'd be upset if Meryl won at all. I haven't seen the other three, but from what I've heard this makes the most sense. I've heard Angelina is so-so in the Changeling, and I've heard Anne is good but I'm still expecting/hoping Winslet will win.
Best Actress, Supporting: Viola Davis
In this category, I chose who I want to win, although I don't think she will. I thought her performance in Doubt was absolutely fantastic and moving. I haven't seen Vicky Cristina Barcelona because I don't like Woody Allen, but I wouldn't be surprised if Penelope Cruz won. I don't care for her really, and I don't know why. Amy Adams is a terrific actress but I wouldn't give it to her for Doubt, because she is better than that role (which was very good, nonetheless). I'm not voting for Marisa Tomei because she was in Mickey Rourke's comeback movie and I've already stated how I feel about that. I think it's exciting that this category is so up in the air.
The other categories just aren't so important, I think. Hollywood people care about Best Director, but I just don't. I think Slumdog will get that, though. Best Animated has to go to Wall-E. As far as I'm concerned that movie should have gotten a best pic nom instead of Frost/Nixon. Best song I want to be one of the songs from Slumdog, and all the art and art direction shit I can't be bothered with.
I'm so excited! I'll post my final score off the official Oscar Ballot, to see how well I do. Brian always does better than me, but maybe this year. Maybe!
PS - What the hell is wrong with Lisa Rinna's upper lip? Botox gone wrong!
11 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment