11 years ago
Sunday, November 23, 2008
Betty Praise
I just finished watching this week's episode of Ugly Betty, and I have to say that I love this show. This season has fixed some of the missteps from last season, and it's just so much fun to watch every week. Not that Betty really had that dreaded sophomore slump, but the whole storyline with Willimena marring Bradford Meade was just kind of silly, and Claire in prison was dumb, and you could tell they never knew quite what to do with Rebecca Romijn after her big reveal. But this season the whole show just has a different feel, and now that Lindsay Lohan is gone, it just feels very...organic? Does it make me sound fake if I call it that? I just love the Suarez family, and even Daniel isn't quite so hateful. Papa Suarez is kind of meh, but not in a hateful way. I love Hilda now that she's not dating a married man. Her speech to Justin today was moving, even if it was predictable. I couldn't tell if she was trying to hook Randy and Justin up, but she was certainly supportive. And I give props to the actor who plays Justin, for just being very natural. It's also nice that they finally gave both Marc and Amanda some depth to their characters. You couldn't have them be bitchy forever, and it feels like a very natural development that yes, they're still bitchy most of the time, but they do have their good points. Marc's storylines the past couple weeks showed that he's really a good person deep down, and Amanda was so sweet during the rooftop party episode after she realized what she had done. It's just nice, since I have like no free time anymore, to have a show that I can sit down and watch and be happy about.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment