Last night, since traffic was sucky and I was in a foul mood due in part to my cold and in larger part to the world around me, I went to see Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist after work. I have to say I really enjoyed it. I can't point to one scene in particular that I really enjoyed, but overall I just thought it was a very well done movie. I even liked all the characters, except Michael Cera for the first part. When he's moping I just have a hard time stomaching him, but later on in the film as he became more cheerful I really enjoyed his performance. And I thought the actress that played Norah was great. And Nick's gay friends were also enjoyable and non-stereotypical. They were gay and it didn't matter to the main characters, which was nice. The music was also fun, and New York looked like more fun than I've ever had there. With better parking. I recommend it though!
Yesterday I also got my copy of the "Were the World Mine" soundtrack, and I really like it. It's fun, and now I can listen to the song "Were the World Mine" over and over and over on the ride to work. There are other good songs on there too, but they do that thing I hate on movie soundtracks where every other track is a line of dialogue from the movie. It makes the disc twice as long as it needs to be, and it doesn't add much to the listening experience. But it does make me want to see the movie more than ever.
Tomorrow I've decided I'm marching in the "No on 8" protest in DC. It'll be my first protest, and I kind of want to relax for the day, but since it's such an important issue I can't rationalize laziness. I have to make a poster now, since posters are an integral part of the experience. Maybe I'll get to be on TV. It's strange to be so political, but never before have I felt so strongly about something.
11 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment