Thursday, November 6, 2008

Election 2008

Exit Poll results for Proposition 8

So as I write this at 11:17, the decision on Proposition 8 is still technically undecided. Granted it's 52-48 Yes with 95% reporting, so I doubt much will happen, but maybe if we're lucky we'll get a recount. Either way, I found those exit poll results on CNN to be very interesting. It seems like young, educated people mostly voted No. I recognize that exit polls are not the best gauge of anything, but I think it is very interesting the trend that shows. And while I'm kind of crushed that gay marriage has been banned after it was passed, it gives me hope that as my generation gets older, people will realize that equality is important and hopefully in a few years no one will care who you marry, as long as you're happy.

I'm all political these days, and I'm not sure I like it. I wish I could go back to being apathetic about the world.

And before I forget, YAY OBAMA!!! It's a strange day to be in America, but I think a good one. Both speeches last night were very good, and the sense of hope that pervaded Obama's speech is exactly what this country needs. So hopefully we can all work together and fix things.

No comments: