Monday, November 17, 2008

My weekend

This so far has been a good weekend. Friday I had my show, with Brian's parents coming down to see me. I think they enjoyed themselves, and despite my cold I sang pretty well. I keep speeding through "Close Every Door" but now that I know the orchestra is cuing off of me I will try to slow it down a bit. Went to the cast party afterward, and I realize I really do like these people. Sometimes I may want to beat them senseless, but I do enjoy their company. I have decided I'm going to plan a BSG viewing party at Ted's house, because the best way to make better friends is to impose on them.

Despite my best intentions, I never made it to the protest yesterday. I had to stick around and watch my mom while my dad went out and did shit. I probably shouldn't have gone anyway, as I had a cold and it was all rainy and blustery. I'm really kind of amazed at the nationwide reaction to the event. I think a lot of people were sure that Prop 8 wouldn't pass that they didn't feel the need to speak out, and now that it has passed people are shocked and outraged. I watched Dan Savage's section from Anderson Cooper the other day and he just did a very good job. In some respects I almost think it's good that Prop 8 passed, because it put a lot more focus on the issue. It's speeding everything up, which I think needs to happen.

Last night I went to Justin's for sushi and asian/horror movies. First one we saw was 2LDK, a Japanese film about these two actress that live together, and basically go crazy and try to kill each other. It was GREAT in how ridiculous it was. My favorite parts were A) when the bitch got thrown into the fountain, mainly because they even HAD a fountain inside their apartment, and B) when the other bitch got Kabi-Killer in the eyes. I can just imagine how much that burned. Fantastic stuff. Then we saw Arang (or something of a similar spelling), a Korean mystery/thriller. It wasn't bad, although a little predictable by the end, and I think if I had been trying to I could have seen everything coming. Finally, we saw Return to Sleepaway Camp. Words cannot describe the campiness of that film. I recommend it to everyone not because of it's merits, but rather because it has no merits whatsoever. They didn't even put any exposition into the story, it literally just STARTS. It reminds me of the movie nights we used to have at Chris' house, which I miss.

Today I have to rake some leaves, and I really, really should exericse. My Wii Fit is going to pissed off at me something fierce for not checking in more often.

No comments: