Monday, November 3, 2008

Housewives Review!

It should probably go without saying, but if you haven't watched it yet (*cough* Adrik *cough*) don't read this post.

So I thought Housewives last night was great. Not the best episode of Housewives ever, but still very enjoyable. Gaby and Bree (who in my opinion are the best characters on the show at the moment, next to the ever lovely Dana Delaney, who was whiny last night) were on top of their game. Gaby's response to Ruth from Six Feet Under was fantastic "Pip pip and arivederci!" Although clearly the old woman was crazy. I knew Orson's roommate wasn't from college, but the scene where he tells Bree was hysterical. The fact that he was Kyle XY's dad was a little creepy, but wherever you can get work. Susan's storyline was forgettable, and predictable, but thankfully short. Lynnette's storyline was alright, but a bit too cliche at the end. I did believe for half a second that Tom actually was cheating, and I was so disappointed, but then I realized just how predictable the storyline would be and got over it. I don't blame Lynette for being a bit paranoid about it though, as she was correct about the flow of mid-life crises. But Tom is a better guy than that. I just wish that next week's episode wouldn't be devoted to correcting Lynnette of her misconception while she gets into a cat-fight. I just don't see it. As for Edie: the bitch is being a stupid cunt and I hope that she dies. I really like her character, but her blind trust of Dave is so mind-blowingly stupid that she deserves what she gets. My assumption is that she will do something heroic to save someone else from Dave and wind up dying the process. That way she can redeem her character while at the same time they trim the fat on the show, which is a bit character heavy at the moment. And the Mrs.McClusky and Lily Tomlin scenes were great too. Kathryn Joosten really deserved the Emmy this year. And then Token Gay #2 showed up! Granted it was purely to be bitchy and feed the flames of Lynette's paranoia, but he was there. With lines! I wish America was at a point where gay visibility was so widespread that background barely-there gay characters weren't an issue, but it's not. I don't care that they're unlikable, I care that they're not used in a more creative way.

So yes, that's the only thing I really watched. Actually that's a big lie, as I watched Greek and America's Next Top Model yesterday too, but I don't feel like talking about that just now. I have to go buy breakfast instead!

1 comment:

test said...

i didnt really mind susan's story this week, but the shower confrontation was so predictable it was painful. i loved, 'i brought hot wings, you can't have them' best line ever.
dave is a scary, scary man, the clunky insertion of a reason for his endeavor pissed me off too. 'my bro died in prison..everyone on wisteria lane has been to prison...' it's like last week when mary-whatever her name is just mentioned that dave was after a 'he'. clunky.
LILY TOMLIN omfg omfg finally, some talent.