I know I have a whole long post to write about Season Finales, but I have to post about this first.
I am in love with Glee.
This show is freaking awesome. It's about a small high school Glee club, and all of the misfits that join the group. The teacher, played by Matthew Morrison, was in the Glee Club when he was younger, and remembers it as the best time of his life. When he tries to start the club up again he realizes that things aren't quite that easy. There's the black diva, the handicapped kid, the gay kid, and asian girl with a stutter, and the perfectionist starlet. When it doesn't go well at first, the teacher (whose name I wish I could remember) decides he needs new guys, and stumbles across the quarterback singing in the shower. In a very amusing scene, he gets the football player to join the group, and they all start to bond over their love of song.
I admit, it sounds ridiculously gay. But it's such an entertaining cast, with great writing, that you can let it slide. And the songs are amazing, I think. I do not like Journey, but I've been singing "Can't Stop Believing" for two straight days now. In fact that scene actually made me so happy I got physically emotionally, which never happens to me. Those of you with Bit Torrent need to download it right now. Everyone else, you can find the songs on iTunes, and there are previews on YouTube (one of which I posted below).
Last night was just a preview, with the real series starting in the Fall. I'm very concerned because it's on Fox, which in my opinion has a horrible track record of shows. Renewing Dollhouse doesn't absolve it of cancelling Firefly and Wonderfalls, or of their complete lack of gay-visilibity on ANY of their shows. Adam Lambert doesn't count. But hopefully if they put this on after Idol or So You Think You Can Dance, it will carry over enough of the performance kids and stay strong. God I hope it does, as I'm getting really tired of these shows I love getting canned.
11 years ago

1 comment:
*similarly in love
Post a Comment