Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Top Trek

As we already stated, I am awesome and going to see Star Trek tonight. In honor of that I figured I'd post some top ten/five lists. I say top ten, but it may very well be top 5 for some things. So here goes!

I should specify that I have not seen Star Trek: Enterprise, so I can't make any judgments about anything from that series.



Top 10 favorite Starships
1) Refit Enterprise D from All Good Things...
2) Enterprise E (Sovereign class)
3) Akira Class
4) Defiant class (it's boring, but it zooms!)
5) Romulan D'deridex class warbird (Cause they're flipping huge)
6) Galaxy Class
7) Prometheus Class
8) Nebula Class (it's not flashy, but it certainly looks sturdy)
9) Klingon Negh'Var class (You just feel like these things would fuck you up)
10) Excelsior Class (the Classic, in my opinion)


Top 5 favorite characters
1) Jean-Luc Picard
2) Guinan
3) Kathryn Janeway
4) Seven of Nine
5) Jadzia Dax and the holographic Doctor tie, I think


Top 5 LEAST favorite characters
1) James T. Kirk. To be blunt I hate him with the fire of a thousand suns.
**Edit: After seeing the new movie, I should specify that I hate Kirk-as-played-by-Shatner**
2) James T. Kirk. No, kidding. Harry Kim
3) Chakotay
4) Neelix
5) Jake Sisko


Top 5 Favorite Episodes
1) Yesterday's Enterprise
2) All Good Things...
3) Cause And Effect
4) Year of Hell
5) Sacrifice of Angels


Top 5 uniforms I would cosplay in (oh, yes, I'm serious)
1) Nemesis/First Contact Uniform (As seen in Picard's pic)
2) Post-season 3 TNG Uniform
3) First Contact Dress Uniform
4) Voyager Uniform
5) Future Federation Uniforms from TNG/Voyager finales


Top 5 favorite Alien races
1) Romulans
2) Changelings
3) Borg, before we had to go and humanize them
4) Klingons, as long as there isn't a stupid Kahless type episode. I like Martok.
5) Vidiians, cause they were so freaking scary


So that's that. There are other things I could probably count down, but I don't know what they are at the moment. I'm so excited to see this movie tonight, you have no idea. And the excitement is just growing!

1 comment:

test said...

the term 'nerdgasm' comes to mind. though i am now excited (oh god it's contagious) because of the alien love possibilities. and i agree, borg rock. esp borg queen.