Thursday, May 7, 2009

One year gone

I didn't want the title of this entry to be quite so emo, but the topic makes me sad, so maybe it's appropriate.


As of yesterday, I've been back in the States for exactly 1 year. It's actually kind of a horrible anniversary to celebrate, because I really miss Japan. I'm not sure I'd want to go back there to live for two years, but I think I need to go back to visit. I met some incredible people and had some incredible experiences, and now I just don't. I still know incredible people, but I don't interact with them as much. And I still have incredible experiences, they're just much fewer and farther between.

So anyway, to celebrate, or more accurately commemorate, I posted pictures of some of my favorite places in Nagoya. These are the places I spent the majority of my weekends in the city, especially once Brian moved to Osaka. There are more places, but I don't want to use up all of the blog space. So I'm just going to be natsukashii for a bit. Sorry if this makes you sad, Adrik.

First Department store I ever went to in Japan. Ads, is this the Honbu side?

The magical clock where we all met

Oasis 21 needs no explanation

As a fun side note, I really liked this building, even though I never went inside.

1 comment:

test said...

you know, the other day i was thinking that i'd not been back in australia for a year yet and how it feels like i've been back my whole life, so in a bitter way, it's nice to know im not the only one a little devastated about it :)
those are all amazing places, and i think that the photo of nagoya station is from the other side.. also, that building was never opened while we were there, but the shopping area underneath was.. it wasn't that thrilling ;P
also, i miss osu hangage. facebook chat isn't the same *states the obvious*
*hugs*