So the real point of this post is to talk about Housewives, but first I'll just make a general update. I finished two more shows this weekend, and they seem to be going well except for the 3 line fuck-ups on Saturday. But I got to celebrate afterwards at Ted's house with a Scotch tasting. Shit burns, but I could see how people might develop a taste for it. Then on Sunday my whole family and Aiman and his family came, which was nice. Except now I've developed a cold, which is less than stellar. Staying up this late to update is probably not the best idea ever. On Friday I went to this Twenties Group meeting, which is a social group for gay guys in their twenties. It was nice to be social for a bit, and not have to worry about who knows that I'm gay. And this guy Justin cracks me up.
Anyway, on to Housewives, which I thought was pretty good. I read a review today that said the show had lost it's spark, but I really don't think that it has. God, the scenes between Lily Tomlin and Kathryn Joosten were hysterical. I like Gaby's story with crazy Ruth, and Bree was very funny. Lynette was a little bit too manic, and the pregnancy storyline was meh. Susan fell back into stupid. Kathrine was kind of meh this episode too. I like her with Mike, but I see where it's all going. And am I the only one who was hoping that Andrew got the tape back by sleeping with the guy. Or at least one of the bikers. Oh neutered gay characters, how we love thee. Overall I think the show was just alright, but I like where it's going.
Then there was Brother's and Sisters, which makes me realize that I despise Kitty and Tommy. Granted Tommy is barely there, which is good. But I almost stopped watching last night after Kitty went all CRAZY on the surgeon. Seriously, her neuroses at least should make sense! It's like she was looking for a reason to not have the baby. And I just don't buy her reasoning. Saul also talks way too much about coming out. He made at least 5 comments about it last night and it was just odd.
And now for Heroes. Overall, I think the episode was better than previous ones. Although I'm not so much feeling the fact that it had to be told through Hiro's "vision quest". I really liked the Elle and Sylar story. It added depth to both of their characters. Although I thought Noah was being a little crazy. And, uhm, WOW can Adrian Pasdar and Milo Ventimiglia not act. I really liked mama petrelli this episode. And even Linderman redeemed himself slightly. And Fire-Mama was cool as well. All in all a better episode than recently, but still not as good as, say, Company Man.
In other news I'm almost finished Buffy season 6 disc 3, and I do not care for the magic-as-crack storyline, or the Buffy's-fucking-Spike storyline. Which basically leaves nothing. Great season...
11 years ago
2 comments:
you.. you.. don't like the magic as crack storyline?!?! :o wait til the end when it all pays off..
spike needs to die and stay dead.
fire-mama is an awesome nickname and an awesome character, i LOVE that flint is her bro, but that means claire is related to yet another character :*
i'm not a fan of ret-conning, so this ep, while interesting, was a little irritating.
i've decided that for next season, i think they need a whole new cast of characters and ali larter can be the lead as 'barbara', the 3rd sister.
in total agreeance re housewives. esp the andrew getting some part.
Post a Comment