11 years ago
Wednesday, January 7, 2009
Auditions
It's been about a month and a half since Joseph ended, and I'm already missing the performing and singing. I guess after not doing it for a certain amount of time it's easy to forget how much fun the whole thing is. So I've started looking at auditions in the area, and now I'm six kinds of overwhelmed. Aside: Why is "six kinds of" my new go-to phrase for "very"? I have an audition tomorrow night at the Venus Theater in Laurel, which seems to be a very pro-feminism theater group. I'm excited, but I've never had to memorize a monologue before, and lately every time I read the thing to myself I sound awkward and stupid. And then later in the month there are two auditions, one for "Getting Married" and one for "Honk". It's more a situation where I'm hoping to get one of those because rehearsals would overlap if I got both. But the fact of the matter is these are respectively my fourth, fifth, and sixth auditions EVER, and frankly the most professional ones I've ever gone on. And I'm going to walk in with my almost-blank resume and cheap headshot. It's like a bad Hallmark movie. Hopefully everything will work out for the best, though, I am sure. The real question is if I want to also audition for this video part where I would have to simulate receiving oral sex. Decisions decisions.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
your hallmark life would suck me in fo sho!! :D also, good luck! also, go for the porn, i mean simulating oral role, move yourself up to fox
Post a Comment