Yes, I fail as a person. I had heard from various sources that this season of Real World was making an attempt to be a real show, as opposed to the drunken, sex-filled disasters that have characterized the last 13 or so seasons. So I watched the first episode, and I have to say already there was much less drunkenness than normal. Of course you know the producers put only what they want on screen, making it impossible to get any gauge of these people. But I can honestly say I didn't hate it. Maybe the rest of the series will stay this way, and I may or may not watch it long enough to find out. But if you can find the first episode, it will be plenty interesting.
In other news, I have a callback! On Wednesday. The problem is the play is in September and I'm not even remotely sure of what my conflicts will be that far in advance. I can't believe anyone would be. I will obviously prioritize this play over most other things, but family events take precedence over this. We will see if I even get the part, though. I think I can do it but it requires a bit of practice. But that whole thing makes me so excited I can't even tell you. I'm so excited to look at the character as it is on paper and imagine how he would be in real life, and then figure out how I can put that on stage without making it seem phony. God I love acting.
11 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment