I should be preparing a bid for a Sony laptop, but instead I'm writing a blog about the awesomeness that is Friday Night Lights season 3. I just finished it over the weekend, and I have to say I still love this show. Granted I had some problems with some of the choices the characters make (well, really just one character in particular, although I understand why he did it. I just think it was immensely stupid). In fact, I think season 3 was the best season so far. It's been a long time since I saw season 1, so I'll have to refresh myself on it at some point, but I remember season 2 pretty clearly, and I remember how much I did not enjoy it. The Landry-Tyra storyline was so stupid, if for no other reason that it should have been Julie that got beaten with the pipe. Kyle Chandler and Connie Britton were of course fantastic, since they always are, but the other characters I found to be lacking.
All of that went away in Season 3. Every actor in this show was on fire the entire season, and since I'm all into acting now, I found it amazing that they all seem so real. Even in the cliche storylines of getting into college, you really sold the drama. And the show actually made me cry once!! I can count on one hand the number of times I've cried during a TV episode or a movie, it almost never happens. But Jason Street's farewell was so sweet and emotional. I even liked Riggins and Tyra this season, and I never did before.
And of course Kyle Chandler and Connie Britton were absolutely wonderful to watch. I always looked forward to their scenes together, and you knew they would always get through things together. Simple things like looking at a house, or figuring out what to do about Julie's sex life, were handled perfectly. Its times like these that I worry that I'm becoming one of those stupid melodramatic actors. And probably I am, but they were still fantastic.
Now if only this shit would get awards nods, because everyone on this show can act the pants off of anyone on House (except maybe Hugh Laurie. Although I would put that on an episode by episode basis).
11 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment