I've got a much bigger "TV IN REVIEW" post somewhere inside of me, but it has been slow getting out. So for now I'll just review the two new shows I watched last night.
First up Housewives, which I really enjoyed. It goes without saying the show wasn't perfect, as Housewives is never, ever perfect. But there were some actual laugh out loud moments, and oddly enough Susan was in one of them. My favorite scene of the whole night was when Susan was telling Gaby about her potential one-night-stand with Lee, but being vague about who the guy was, and Bob walks in. Gaby figures it out straight away and starts literally guffawing in the middle of the kitchen, and it had me cracking up, especially "Lee will sleep with anything with a pulse and facial hair". I'm giggling in the middle of the office now just thinking about it. The rest of Susan's scenes were stupid though, thinking she had actually slept with the caricature that is Lee. The dinner with Gaby and Carlos and the job prospect I also thought was hysterical, although I was a little disappointed in Gaby for pushing Carlos so hard. I think she'll come around at the end of the season and realize what a toll this is taking on everyone. Bree I thought did a good job, but she always does a good job. However all the scenes between Andrew and Alex feel fake, and it's beginning to piss me off. I don't get the impression when I look at these two characters that they're head-over-heels for each other, and it annoys me. They don't even appear to be particularly good friends. It seems Andrew went from being an evil sociopath to having a lobotomy. The whole gay in this show is lackluster. Especially when you look at the househusbands who are ridiculous. Did you see their house? And the Kimono? Is Lee a colorblind retard? Is this what Marc Cherry is like at home? Because I know there are lots of gays involved in this show and I can't believe any of them think this is a good idea. I guess I expect more from such a gay-friendly show on such a gay-friendly network. I would be fine if they didn't include gays, but if you're going to include them do it properly.
Brothers and Sisters does a better job of handling it's gay characters, although something felt like it was missing this week. I couldn't put my finger on it, but it felt a bit like Scotty was phoning it in. I did like when he stood up to Nora, and Nora's drunken apology phone call. I think I didn't like Kevin's issues so much, and I really hated Tommy's issues. But then again I really hate Tommy, and I'm counting the days until they write him out of the show. I miss Sarah being around, cause I really like Rachel Griffiths. Kitty was less annoying, too, maybe because she wasn't obsessing over the stupid baby I never care if she has. Justin did a respectable job dealing with moving out, but it's nothing particularly noteworthy. I don't know. I guess I think everyone should have been better prepared for the father drama then they were. Yes you're just jerking off into a cup, but that has repurcussions and you have to consider them beforehand. Sometimes these adults seriously annoy me.
I'm not entirely sure which new shows are starting soon and which aren't. I was hoping to have a few more weeks to catch up on certain things, but I'm not sure I'll get the chance. Anyway, I will probably post again later today since work is so damnably slow.
11 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment